Stable and responsive, smooth aerial video and an awesome drone to fly.
The Typhoon H is equipped with six rotors, a 360-degree gimbal camera and retractable landing gear, the Typhoon H is set to provide the latest professional grade features to consumers everywhere.
The 360-degree gimbal with the new CGO3+ camera allows unlimited panning for breathtaking 4K videos and 12 megapixel stills. The landing gear retracts during flight to seamlessly remove itself from the shot for unobstructed views. New programming features add new flight and image capture modes including Point of Interest, Orbit, Curved Cable and Journey.
The newest drone in the Typhoon family still meets Yuneec’s standard of being ready, easy and safe to fly. Innovative new safety features include ultrasonic proximity detection to assist in avoiding large obstacles, and a failsafe system which allows Typhoon H to remain stable and land if a motor should fail.
The Typhoon H comes with the professional quality Android-based ST16 controller, which has a large 7-inch integrated display and HD 720p video downlink for stunning real-time video reception.
With the ability to add mission-specific modules, the Typhoon H is the next generation platform for enthusiasts and professionals. Planned add-ons include a high performance collision avoidance module based on Intel® RealSense™ Technology and an advanced IR camera module
The Typhoon H maintains the Typhoon family’s focus on safety with features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly.
• Quick disconnect – the Typhoon H has quick disconnect props for speedy removal.
• Rotor arms – Each rotor arm easily folds down from its flight position to a resting position against the drone for easy and compact transportation.
• Case - The Typhoon H fits into a custom-designed hardcase/backpack for easy transportation. (Not included)
Retractable Landing Gear
• The landing gear retracts during flight to seamlessly remove itself form the shot for unobstructed views.
• Typhoon H is equipped with CGO3+ 4K camera and is ready to fly and record content out of the box.
PLUS CGOET thermal infra red camera included.
• ST16 Controller – The Typhoon H comes with the professional
quality Android-based ST16 controller, which has a large 7-inch
integrated display and HD 720p video downlink for stunning realtime
• Ultrasonic proximity – the built in ultrasonic proximity detection assists pilots in avoiding large obstacles.
• 5 Rotor Flight – The 5 Rotor Flight feature allows for the Typhoon H to make safe landings in case of motor failure.
• No Fly Zones – The No Fly Zone feature is a factory preset compliant with the FAA by preventing illegal flight above 400 feet from the ground.
• Additional safety features – Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home and Low-Battery Return Home.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the H stand for?
• H is short for hexagon, or hexacopter. The Typhoon H is equipped with six rotors.
Is the Typhoon H modular?
• The Typhoon H is a modular design that will allow for accessories
to be added onto the housing. The additional accessories may
wrequire a factory calibration to allow for a seamless integration.
What are the benefits of the six rotors on Typhoon H?
• The six rotors allow for a greater overall payload. The additional
rotors also act as a failsafe system as the Typhoon H can make safe
landings in case of one motor failure, aka five-rotor flight.
What is new from the Typhoon 4K?
• The Typhoon H has front ultrasound sensor and Indoor Positioning
System. The Typhoon H also has new flight and image capture modes
including Orbit, Point of Interest, Orbit Pilot, Waypoints and Open/
How does the size of the Typhoon H compare to the Typhoon Q500 4K?
• Typhoon H: Dimensions – 27.99*27.99*11.57 inches; Takeoff
Weight – 63.5 ounces or 3.97 pounds
• Typhoon Q500 4K: Dimensions – 22.2*16.5*8.3 inches; Takeoff
Weight – 60 ounces or 3.75 pounds
What is the flight time for the Typhoon H?
• 22 minutes
What is the flight speed of the Typhoon H?
• Maximum flying speed – Angle Mode: 22.4 mph; Smart Mode
Does the gimbal rotate 360-degrees?
• Yes, the 360-degree gimbal can complete a full rotation without
being inhibited by wires, which allows unlimited panning with the
new CGO3+ camera.
Why does the landing gear retract?
• The landing gear retracts during flight to seamlessly remove itself
from the shot for unobstructed views.
What makes this drone compact?
• The Typhoon H has quick disconnect props for speedy removal.
Additionally, each rotor arm easily folds down from its flight position
to a resting position against the drone for easy and compact
transportation using a custom-designed hard case/backpack. Carbon
fiber is used extensively to decrease weight and increase durability.
Is the Typhoon Q500+ being replaced?
• No, the Typhoon H sits alongside the Q500 in the Typhoon range,
with premium features such as six rotor design, 360 camera gimbal
and expandability. Typhoon Q500 will continue to be the best value
hi-def and 4K offerings in the marketplace.
What is the maximum distance of the controller and video feed?
• 1 kilometer, or 3000 feet.